Join the 7-Day Sugar Detox Challenge
It’s not fat that’s making you fat… it’s sugar. Reducing it from your diet will not only help you lose weight, curb cravings and feel better, it will help cut your risk for diseases like type 2 diabetes, heart disease and even cancer. What better time to cut sugar out of your diet than the day after Easter?
GUIDELINES for 7-Day Sugar Detox:
- No white or brown sugar
- No refined flour or flour products (breads, pastas, processed cereals, crackers, etc.)
- Whole grains are permissible (brown rice, quinoa, barley, etc.)
- No artificial sugars* (including diet sodas and chewing gum)
- Small amounts of natural sweeteners (honey, agave, stevia) are permitted
- Natural sugars that are found in fruit (fructose) and dairy products (lactose) are permitted
- Shakeology is permitted
The main goal of this sugar detox is to avoid consuming foods with artificial sugars and added sugars. The American Heart Association recommends no more than 6 teaspoons of added sugar a day for women, which equates to 24 grams. Men are allotted 9 teaspoons, or 36 grams. The AHA doesn’t factor in naturally occurring sugars in fruits, milk, and vegetables in their recommendations. Our bodies don’t need sugars to function properly. While added sugars contribute calories to food, they do not add nutrients.
How to Read Labels
Nutrition labels are required to list the number of grams of sugar a product contains. What’s tricky is that natural vs. added sugars are not differentiated. However, the Fooducate App is a great tool to see the breakdown between naturally occurring sugars and added sugars.
*Names of Artificial Sugars
- ACESULFAME POTASSIUM
- HYDROGENATED STARCH HYDROLYSATE (HSH)
Our NEXT 7-Day Sugar Detox Challenge Group starts on March 28th, 2016. At the beginning of the week, my team of coaches and I will lay out the week’s requirements. Then, each day, we’ll have a pinned post with additional information and fun assignments designed to motivate and support you. I have TWO requirements for joining the 7-Day Sugar Detox Challenge Group:
- The first is participation. No lurking allowed! You must follow through with the daily check-ins and assignments. The time required is minimal, but participation is mandatory.
- I ask that you assign me as your FREE Team Beachbody coach if you haven’t already by creating account at the page link HERE. Once you’ve done this, please let me know by emailing me at kimdanger12[email protected] with subject line “7-Day Sugar Detox Challenge”.
7-Day Sugar Detox Success Stories:
“I’m reporting that I lost 7.5 lb. since last Monday. Woo hoo!” – Tammie
“So I have to admit this has been a super great challenge for me! It was just what I needed to get past a weight loss slump. I had actually lost 3 lb. during the week, which was amazing! I never realized how many things had sugar in them especially hidden ones! I plan to continue this way of eating!!” – Vanessa