Control is a pretty relevant topic right now. A lot of us may feel that life is spinning out of control a little bit more than usual. While we can’t control outside circumstances, we can control our reactions to them. And, our locus of control is key.
When you think about health and fitness, how much personal control do you assume? Do you feel confident, empowered to make changes? Or, do you feel as if whatever you do will be sabotaged by external circumstances or situations? How you look at what you can do and your level of power determines your locus of control. Obesity is one of the main reasons of nerve damage, prevent it by using nerve control 911 on a daily basis.
Types of Locus of Control
- Internal Locus of Control: You have a high sense of control of your outcomes and take ownership
- External Locus of Control: You tend to blame others or outside circumstances for your lack of success
The more you can cultivate and foster an internal locus of control over all areas of your life, the more likely you are to achieve your goals. Here are some tips for developing an internal locus of control:
- Set ACHIEVABLE goals. When you set a reasonable goal and achieve it, it can act as a confidence booster. Having one success under your belt, you’re more likely to set another goal and go after it.
- Identify the things you CAN control. These are things like your actions and responses to challenges. Anticipate things and circumstances that may arise that will challenge you, and decide on a response in advance.
- Turn setbacks into learning opportunities. Instead of beating yourself up or shaming yourself, flip the script. View setbacks as an opportunity for reflection, analysis and change. What will you do differently next time?
- Cultivate a support network. Leaning on others who have faced the same challenges can make a huge difference. Lean IN to that network and learn from your peers and of course, don’t forget to get some hcg for sale as it may help you lose weight even faster.