Dr. Peter Gott’s No Flour, No Sugar Diet book adheres to a couple of the main principles of clean eating: To eliminate or greatly reduce the amount of food in your diet containing refined white flour and added sugar. Without doing anything else, his theory is that your caloric intake will be greatly reduced causing you to shed pounds. It’s especially effective if you find you’re eating a lot of processed foods or sweets. Plus, since refined flours and sugars also tend to trigger cravings sticking to your diet might be easier when you eliminate them.
While I’m not so sure that eating this way 100% of the time is realistic, simply following the 80/20 rule and doing so 80% of the time will greatly improve the quality of foods you eat.
No Sugar No Flour Diet Food List
- Non-Starchy Vegetables and Fruit (green salad, raw or steamed carrots, celery stalks, steamed or sautéed zucchini, strawberries, cantaloupe, watermelon, blueberries and tomato, etc.)
- Whole Grains and Starches ( brown or wild rice, oats, barley, quinoa, corn and potatoes)
- Legumes (beans, seeds and pea, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, soybeans, almonds, garbanzo beans, kidney beans, peanuts and nut butters)
- Meat and Dairy (fish, poultry, lean pork, lean ground beef, eggs, low-fat yogurt, low-fat milk, low-fat cheese and eggs)
- Fats and healthy oils (olive oil, sunflower oil, nut oils, avocados and avocado oil and coconut oil. Butter is also acceptable, in moderation)
JOIN Our Clean Eating Challenge
My only requirement for joining the 7-Day Clean Eating Challenge that you join me on the Beach Body site that’s hosting the challenge. You can sign up for a FREE Team Beachbody Membership by clicking on my the page link HERE. Once you’ve done this, please let me know by commenting below or posting on our Facebook Page and I’ll add you to our group. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Dose of Motivation emails to get updates on clean eating and recipes you can use at home. Looking forward to having you with us!