The Importance of Drinking Water
Since your body is made up of approximately 60% water, you need to stay properly hydrated to keep in tip-top condition.
- Water suppresses appetite
- Water speeds up metabolism
- Water detoxes your body by removing impurities from your system
- Water improves circulation
- Water helps reduce wrinkles and makes you look younger
- Water helps boost energy
How Much Water Should I Be Drinking?
It’s a simple question without an easy answer. However, whatever it is, it’s probably not enough. Staying hydrated is a continual process. If you’re already thirsty, you probably are already mildly dehydrated. Also, if your urine isn’t clear, you’re also probably not getting enough water. Not sure how much to drink? 8 8-oz. glasses (a half gallon) is a good estimate for those living a sedentary lifestyle. Other factors that may mean you need more:
- Heat/Dry Climate
- Caffeine consumption
Bottom line? Try to drink before you get thirsty, but let your body be your guide.