Whole wheat gnocchi from ALDI is topped with savory turkey Bolognese sauce
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 ribs celery, diced
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 C. tomato paste
- 1 C. dry white wine
- 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 17.6-oz packages Priano Whole Wheat Gnocchi
- ½ C. fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ C. shredded Romano cheese
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and celery. Cook until softened, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add ground turkey and cook until no pink remains, breaking apart the meat thoroughly.
- Add garlic and tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes. Add wine and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, oregano, and crushed red pepper. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for at least 45 minutes.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Cook gnocchi according to package instructions. Drain.
- Heat broiler on high.
- Add fresh parsley to sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Toss gnocchi with half of the Bolognese. Place in an oven-safe casserole dish. Top with remaining Bolognese, and sprinkle with cheeses.
- Broil until cheese melts and begins to brown, 3-4 minutes.