Clean Eating Turkey Lasagna
- 1 package whole wheat lasagna noodles, prepared
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1/4 C. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 C. water
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco, to taste
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 C. Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 15-oz. container low fat ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C. Parmesan cheese
- 2 C. mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, brown turkey with onion. Drain.
- Return ground turkey and onion mixture to skillet. Add tomato sauce, paste, olive oil, water, and spices. Stir well and simmer on low for about 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine ricotta, Parmesan and egg.
- Layer meat sauce, noodles, and ricotta/egg mixture in a 10×13 casserole pan. Top with mozzarella. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 45 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and continue cooking 10-15 minutes until cheese browns. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.