Often, time is the biggest limiting factor when it comes to planning healthy meals. Do you have ideas to fall back on when time is short? Freezer meals, pressure cookers, tabletop grills and almost every other kitchen accessory reviewed on unclutterer are all great tools to have to make things in a hurry. Which meals do you make that require the least amount of time with ingredients you always have on hand?
Having five “fallback” meals that you can create with ingredients from your pantry, freezer or fridge in 30 minutes or less is a great strategy. What makes a great “fallback” meal?
- You always have the ingredients on hand
- The entire family likes it
- Ready in 30 minutes or less
Create your “fallback” meal list and post it somewhere in your kitchen – on the fridge, inside a cupboard door, or in your pantry. If you don’t have the non-perishable items on hand, add them to your grocery list. That way, you will always be prepared for busy nights.
FALLBACK MEAL IDEAS
- Scrambled eggs and toast
- Egg burritos
- Veggie burgers
- Chicken breast (from the freezer, done on George Foreman) over whole wheat pasta
- Rotisserie chicken
- Whole wheat pancakes with fruit
- Fish (tilapia, swai from the freezer) with couscous and veggies
- Grilled cheese on whole grain bread
- Spaghetti and salad
Visit my 30 Minute Meals Pinterest Board for more ideas. Leave your own “fallback” meal ideas in the comments section!