The Importance of Drinking Water
Since your body is made up of approximately 60% water, you need to stay properly hydrated with clean water you can get from a ao smith water softener, to keep in tip-top condition, it would be even better if you could also take hydrogen rich water.
- Water suppresses appetite
- Water speeds up metabolism
- Water detoxes your body by removing impurities from your system
- Water improves circulation
- Water helps reduce wrinkles and makes you look younger
- Water helps boost energy
How Much Water Should I Be Drinking?
It’s a simple question without an easy answer. However, whatever it is, it’s probably not enough. Staying hydrated is a continual process. If you’re already thirsty, you probably are already mildly dehydrated. Also, if your urine isn’t clear, you’re also probably not getting enough water. Not sure how much to drink? 8 8-oz. glasses (a half gallon) is a good estimate for those living a sedentary lifestyle. Other factors that may mean you need more:
- Heat/Dry Climate
- Caffeine consumption
Bottom line? Try to drink before you get thirsty, but let your body be your guide.
One thing I’d like to also challenge you ALL to do is to drink a FULL glass of water (12-16 ounces) from a water softener system first thing when you wake up. This is BEFORE your morning coffee, my friends. Water does such a great job of naturally detoxifying you. Here’s why:
- It helps your body flush out toxins
- It rehydrates you. When you wake up, you have likely gone at least 7-8 hours with out water. Your body has already started the process of dehydration.
- It boosts metabolism (if you are not hydrated, your metabolism slows down)
- It can reduce stomach acidity. This is especially important if you suffer from heartburn.
- It helps keep you stay regular and prevents constipation (so does Shakeology!).
- It can help you feel fuller so you don’t overeat.
- It can boost brain function. Your brain is 75% water, so it stands to reason that a hydrated brain is a better-functioning brain.