Memorial Day Accountability Challenge
Want a little extra motivation to stay on track this Memorial Day Weekend? Let’s play a game! There WILL be prizes for the winners. I want to clean out my prize closet next week, so hopefully that helps motivate you!! ANYONE can play – but to be eligible for the prizes you need to be my client and share your story in our Beach Ready Now Facebook Group. To assign me as your coach, create a free account on Team Beachbody using my coach link. Or, if you have a Beachbody account already and don’t have a coach, just contact customer relations here (I find the online chat works the best). Tell them you want to assign me as your coach (coach ID 890606).
Let’s DO THIS!
Here’s How it WORKS: Think of this challenge as an online photo scavenger hunt. Instead of finding things, you’ll need to complete certain tasks. You don’t have to complete ALL of them, but here is a list from which to choose:
- Share a picture of a healthy food you made (along with the recipe)
- Share a sweaty selfie of you with your Beachbody DVD
- Share a photo of something active you did outside
- Share a screenshot of a Map My Run or Fitness App route you took
- Share a pic of the personal development (PD) book you’re reading right now
- Take a pic of you with a healthy choice you made at a restaurant
- Let’s see a pic of you with your water bottle
- Pic with you and your Shakeology
- Post a list of your top three personal development books and why you enjoyed them
- Post a picture of your menu plan for next week
- Picture of your on-the-go healthy snacks
- Picture of doing something active with your family
- Post a short paragraph explaining your WHY – what keeps you on track?
Post at least three times in our Beach Ready Now Facebook Group from the list above. I’ll choose winners at random next Tuesday, 5/30. Let’s DO THIS!
How to Stay on Track: Memorial Day Weekend
When it comes to maintaining healthy habits, nothing can make you lose your mojo faster than a vacation or long holiday weekend. You’re faced with temptation everywhere, and it seems impossible to stick to your healthy routine. It doesn’t have to be that way! Don’t let those days away undo all your hard work. Before you leave home, mentally prepare yourself- and read these tips on how to stick to a diet while on vacation:
- If you’re heading out of town, bring along healthy breakfast items, snacks and lunches so you can eat at least one healthy meal a day while away.
- Have a strong WHY. Remind yourself WHY clean eating and fitness is so important to you. Think of your goals. Hold these thoughts in the forefront of your mind.
- If you’re heading to a potluck, bring healthy munchies. Veggies and a clean-eating dip are great to have when you feel like nibbling.
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water during the day and especially before you go out to eat.
- “Pre-eat” before going out for a high-fat meal. With a little food in your stomach, you’ll be less tempted to overeat and will be able to exercise more control.
- Go easy on the alcohol and other calorie-laden beverages. If you’re out drinking, order a large glass of water too. Alternate one alcoholic beverage for one glass of water if you’re going to be having more than one.
- Plan your cheat meal ahead of time. One of my favorite things about traveling is trying new and different foods. Plan ahead so you know when this meal will be, and enjoy it to the fullest!
- Don’t let your blood sugar dip too low. Pack healthy snacks like protein bars and Shakeology packets.
- Look at the menu online and choose something healthy before you arrive. That way, you won’t be tempted by all the great smells and order something you shouldn’t.
- Ask your server not to bring the bread/chip basket
- Order what you want, even if it’s not on the menu. If the ingredients are on the menu, chances are the cook can make something to your specification even if it’s not listed. Don’t be afraid to request what you want.
- Whittle calories off what you order: Skip the bun on a burger, order grilled instead of fried, and ask to have sauces, dressings and gravies served on the side, opt for steamed veggies instead of fries.
- If you do order something less than healthy, go easy on the portion size. Eat half now, save half for later. Have the server bring a take home box to split the meal before you eat. Or, split it with a friend or family member.
- Be careful with appetizers. Often, they’re loaded with fat and contain 1000 calories or more. Side dishes too – instead of mashed potatoes or fries, order the salad with dressing on the side.
- Often, menus will have icons next to meals indicating that they are a healthy or low-calorie choice. Look for those.
- Sometimes despite your best efforts you’re still going to take in more calories on vacation. That’s OK – as long as you can make up for it with exercise. Use an app like MyFitnessPal to track calories and calories out.
- Does the hotel have a gym? Great! Use it. Exercise first thing in the morning to get your day started on the right track.
- Download Beachbody on Demand workouts before you go. Did you know you can download SEVEN without Wifi access?
- Stay active like the locals do – look up running/hiking trails, spots where you can rent bikes, kayaks, or other fun fitness “toys” – and make activity part of your getaway.