You’ll LOVE this salad – packed with superfood ingredients. Kale is one of the healthiest foods on the planet. Just one cup provides over 100% of your daily requirements of vitamin A, K, and C. Plus, it’s packed with fiber to aid in digestion and help regulate blood sugars. Pumpkin seeds are a great source of protein and healthy fats. This salad is great for vegetarians as well. Quinoa is one of the very few plant foods that is actually a complete protein – which means it contains all nine essential amino acids.
- 2 cups chopped kale, ribs removed
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked in vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/3 c. dried cranberries
- 1/3 c. pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 c. crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. raspberry vinegar (or, use red wine vinegar)
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. honey
- salt and pepper to taste
Toss all salad ingredients with the dressing. Refrigerate well before serving. Makes four servings.