Garlic Shrimp Scampi
- 1 pound shrimp, tails-on, uncooked
- 3 Tbsp. organic butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 C. fresh parsley, minced
- juice of one lemon (about 2 Tbsp.)
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients and throw in a Zippered bag or shallow Pyrex pan like the one pictured. Allow to marinate for an hour or so. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake shrimp until done, approximately ten minutes. DO NOT OVERCOOK. Serve over pasta if desired.
NOTE: For 21 Day Fixers, I’d count this as a red (protein for the shrimp) and two teaspoons. To make it 100% “Fix-approved”, omit the butter entirely and only use extra virgin olive oil.