For those of you anxiously awaiting Fixate, the upcoming 21 Day Fix cookbook by Autumn Calabrese, we’ve got a fun insider’s scoop for you. Here is a sneak peek of a few delicious recipes from the book. They look fantastic! Scroll down to print out the entire .pdf for your reference. Also, don’t forget to visit our own Beach Ready Now Clean Eating Fix group on Facebook for additional recipes. Or, visit our 21 Day Fix Recipe Ideas board on Pinterest.
FIXATE ZUCCHINI CHIPS
SERVES: 4 Prep Time: 15 min. Cooking Time: 2 hrs.
￼CONTAINER EQUIVALENTS (per serving): One green, 1/2 tsp.
1 large zucchini, very thinly sliced
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1⁄2 tsp.sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
2 paper towels to help draw out liquid
1. Preheat oven to 225° F.
2. Place zucchini slices in one layer between
3. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
4. Place zucchini slices on prepared baking sheets.
5. Brush zucchini with oil; sprinkle with salt.
6. Bake for 2 hours, or until golden brown and crispy.
7. Cool completely before serving.
FIXATE QUINOA AND BLACK BEAN SALAD
SERVES: 12 (1 cup each) Prep Time: 30 min. Cooking Time: 12 min.
CONTAINER EQUIVALENTS (per serving): 1 green, 2 yellow, 1 1/2 tsp.
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp. ground cumin
1 Tbsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
2 cups dry quinoa, rinsed
1 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 medium orange bell pepper, finely chopped
1 medium yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
1 10-oz. bag frozen corn,thawed
1 bunch fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cans (15-oz. ea.) black beans, drained, rinsed
4 1/2 tsp. red wine vinegar
Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
1. Combine lime juice, cumin, and salt in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
2. Slowly add oil, while whisking constantly. Set aside. 3. Combine beans, vinegar, and pepper (if desired)
in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
4. Bring water to a boil in medium saucepan over high heat.
5. Add quinoa. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, for 10 to 12 minutes, or until all water has been absorbed. Remove from heat. Cool for 15 to 30 minutes. Set aside.
6. Place cooled quinoa in a large bowl. Fluff with a fork.
7. Add bell peppers, corn, cilantro, bean mixture, and dressing;
toss gently to blend.
PINEAPPLE CHICKEN SKEWERS
SERVES: 4 (2 skewers each) Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 10 min.
CONTAINER EQUIVALENTS (per serving): 1/2 green, 1/2 purple, 1 red
8 bamboo skewers
1 lb. raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into 16 1-inch pieces
1⁄4 cup reduced-sodium tamari soy sauce, gluten-free
2 tsp. sesame oil
2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
1 (8-oz.) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
1 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, cut into 16 1-inch chunks
large red onion, cut into 16 1-inch chunks
1. Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes.
2. Place chicken in resealable plastic bag (or container);
add soy sauce, oil, and ginger; seal bag and shake gently to mix. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to marinate.
3. Preheat gas or charcoal grill on medium heat.
4. Place a piece of chicken, pineapple chunk, bell pepper, and
onion onto a skewer. Repeat, so the skewer has two pieces of each ingredient. Repeat with seven remaining skewers. Discard marinade that contained chicken.
5. Grill skewers on covered grill for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
6. Serve immediately.