Ask yourself this question: Are you stuck at your current weight because you don’t know what that will actually feel like to achieve your health goals? When you start to lose weight, do you self-sabotage because you start to feel like things are scary or unfamiliar? To create a true working vision for success, it’s not enough to have a goal weight in mind. You need to pair that with EMOTIONS to help it come into existence. Knowing what achieving your goals would feel like that will help you manifest them.
Mental barriers often exist because situations you’ve never experienced before are unfamiliar. When we’re faced with the unfamiliar, we tend to mentally resist it. We retreat back into familiar, old habits. Our brains were wired to protect us from anything unfamiliar or threatening. What really helps is to consciously allow yourself to welcome that change by visualizing it, then actually feeling what it would feel like to be that new, improved version of yourself. That’s when you can start to bring these things into existence.
When things start to feel uncomfortable or unfamiliar, you mind can help you “practice” what healthy and fit would FEEL like. For example:
- What new habits will you have at your goal weight? What would it be like to put them into practice? Can you do any of them now?
- What will the foods in your cupboards look like? What will they taste like? Start eating them now!
- What will your workouts look like? Even if you can’t bring that type of intensity to them just yet, start doing them! Your body will catch up.
- What kind of clothes will you be wearing? How will you feel in them?
- How will you present yourself? Will you have more self-confidence?
You can also use a vision board for this exercise. Cut out pictures of what you will be wearing, what your ideal physique will look like, what will be inside your refrigerator, and what your workout routine will look like. Then, take that to the next level by closing your eyes for just a few minutes a day and really allowing yourself to FEEL that success.
Want to work on a weight loss mindset? Apply for our next our 2B Mindset Group!