Clean Eating Holiday Recipes
Don’t let the holidays ruin the good efforts you’ve put into staying in shape this fall! There are some great-tasting versions of your very favorite holiday recipes that prove you don’t have to sacrifice flavor when eating clean and healthy. Plus, use the strategies below to stay on track.
How to Eat Clean During the Holidays:
- Review our list of clean eating substitutions so that you can tweak your own favorite holiday recipes
- Eat healthier than normal during the times you can, especially if you think you’ll veer off track for parties and events
- Drink a large glass of water before meals, stay hydrated
- Use an app like MyFitnessPal to track calories
- Chew gum at a party to avoid mindless munching
- Fill up on healthy sides (salads, veggies, etc.)
- If you can’t control recipes, know that you can control portions
- Don’t skip meals. If you do, you’ll end up overeating.
- At potlucks, bring a healthy dish you like
- Add a little seltzer water to your wine to cut calories
- If you go overboard, double up on exercise the next day