In the seven days leading up to Memorial Day weekend, Beach Ready Now will be hosting a Summer Kickstart Challenge. We will be coaching you through an intense week of diet and exercise designed to help get you beach-ready FAST! While this challenge is not for the faint of heart, it is designed for anyone (beginners to advanced fitness levels) needing an extra dose of motivation and who are committed to getting maximum results in a short period of time.
When you join, you will have access to our private Facebook accountability group. There you’ll receive free coaching, tips to stay motivated, and support from your fellow challengers. We will also provide complete easy-to-follow menu plans and exercise routines for the week.
7- Day Summer Kickstart Challenge
- Days 1-2 (Saturday-Sunday) We will be following the 2-Day Fast plan. Exercise is kept to a minimum to allow your body time to rest, detox and cleanse.
- Days 3-7 (Monday-Friday): You will be following a clean eating meal plan and exercise daily
Clean Eating Plan (Days 3-7)
Basically, clean food is unrefined and unprocessed. It’s as close to its natural state as possible. For those of you who have never followed a clean eating meal plan, here are some guidelines to follow:
- Avoid processed foods
- Eat smaller, more frequent meals (5-6 “mini” meals spaced 2-3 hours apart during the day)
- Avoid processed sugars (like white sugar)
- Avoid saturated fats and trans-fats (substitute healthy, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats)
- Drink at least 8-9 glasses of water a day
- Make sure you are getting enough lean protein and vegetables
Exercise Plan (Days 3-7)
Your goal is to burn at least 500 calories via vigorous exercise in days 3-7. You may split this into 2-3 workout sessions if necessary. Remember, this is a challenge. Nobody said it would be easy! To track the number of calories you’re burning, try a free app like My Fitness Pal or Sparkpeople.
Your baseline caloric intake will be 1200 calories during 3-7, but for every 100 calories burned through exercise you may add 50 calories to your meal plan. So, if you burn 500 calories through exercise you may add 250 extra calories (1450 total). If you burn 600 calories, you’d be able to add 300 calories (1500 total). The more calories you burn through exercise, the more calories you may add to your clean eating meal plan.