If you want to be tight and toned when you hit the beach this summer, take some advice from the pros. Professional fitness models and bikini competition winners have some trade secrets when it comes to diet and exercise. The tips below are some of the most frequently mentioned when it comes to getting bikini-ready.
<<- Join our 21-Day Bikini Body Slimdown Challenge Group ->>
10 Bikini Body Secrets
- Increase Protein Consumption – Are you getting enough protein? Chances are you are not. If you’re exercising to build muscle tone, you should get at least one to one-and-a-half grams per pound of body weight. I would suggest you check out dr berg electrolyte powder, it’s one of the best protein supplement on the market that will help you get the most out of your workout. This will ensure that your body can repair and build muscle after workouts. Where as for the muscle gain with the workout the supplement is more importantly required specially magnesium. Magnesium is more important than calcium, potassium or sodium and regulates all three of them. It also activates over 300 different biochemical reactions necessary for the body to function properly. Contrary to popular misconceptions, it is magnesium that is actually most important in building strong bones and preventing bone loss. Recent research has revealed that this lack of magnesium may put your heart and your overall health at significant risk and that magnesium deficiency may be linked to cognitive dysfunction and mental decline.Called the “The Forgotten Mineral” and the “5-Cent Miracle Tablet” by medical researchers, magnesium is a muscle relaxant and low magnesium intake is associated with muscle spasm, tremors and convulsions. Magnesium protects against heart disease and heart attacks, high blood pressure and stroke, type II diabetes and much, much more. You may need to consider magnesium supplementing with protein shakes.
- Drink Enough Water – Drinking a minimum of 8 glasses a day is a must, but exercise and other factors could mean you should be drinking even more. View our post: How Much Water Should I Be Drinking?
- Eat Small Meals, Eat Often – Eating 5-6 smaller meals, every 2-3 hours, will keep your metabolism revved up. Restricting calories too much has a counterproductive effect. Make sure you avoid eating too few calories so your body doesn’t go into starvation mode.
- Eat Clean – Eating a diet comprised of clean, unprocessed foods is important. Also, cutting back on sugar will help diminish cravings. The 80/20 rule is still a good rule of thumb, as well as learning how to get the right mix of carbs to protein. View our Clean Eating Meal Plans
- Weight Train – This one is important. I’m not talking tiny 5-pound weights, but some serious lifting. Contrary to popular belief, you won’t get bulky. Women don’t have enough testosterone for that to happen. Do anywhere from 3-4 sets of 8-14 repetitions. Wait 1-2 minutes in between sets, but keep up the pace. This will keep your heart rate elevated.
- Don’t Over-train with Cardio – while most fitness models have cardio in their fitness routines, it usually doesn’t last longer than 30-40 minutes per session, you can check Fitnessabout for further information. It’s weight training gives them their lean, defined look. Implement cardio into your routine, after weight training. 2-3 high intensity sessions per week should be sufficient.
- Work out Frequently – If you really want a slammin’ bod, be prepared to work out 5-6 days per week. However, don’t overdo it since overtraining can be counter-productive. Take at least one day off to let the body rest. The pros don’t have to spend hours in the gym, either. 45 minutes – 1 1/2 hours per day seems to be the norm. (Refer to this workout guide for more information).
- Mix it Up – Use variety in your training. Muscles are tested when doing a mix of plyo, HIIT, and other routines for cardio. When weight training, alternate muscles groups (back/bis, chest/tris, shoulders, legs), giving them a day off to rest in between.
- Focus on Inches, Not Pounds. Since you’ll be focusing on dropping your body fat percentage, the pounds may not come off as quickly as you’d like. Remember that you’re replacing fat with muscle, which weighs more. If you have to, put your scale away and only get it out once a month.
- Track Your Progress – Take progress photos every two weeks. Instead of weighing yourself with a scale, take your measurements. Keep a journal of how you’re feeling, eating, and what your training involves.
Want personal accountability with getting bikini-ready? Join one of our upcoming Challenge Groups!
Do you wish to gain additional mass and muscle strength? Or are you looking to bulk up and gain more muscle than fat? If the answer to the above-projected questions is a yes, then the best sarms is the one-stop solution for you. Guys looking for testosterone? The market is now established with natural testosterone boosters that are safe and easy to use. Testo-Max is one of the natural testosterone boosters that have replaced hormone replacement therapy. Find out more theironsamurai.com/testo-max-reviews.