Hey, Coaches! Wondering what to do to prep for Coach Summit in Indy in 2018? READ THIS first! If you still have questions, post them below and I’ll answer them.
Beachbody Coach Summit Prep Checklist
- External battery packs
- Lumee flashes and selfie sticks for better selfies (the selfie game will be strong, you guys!)
- Snacks for the room and for the day (power bars, nuts, etc.)
- Energize – you will need to keep your energy up!
- Shakeology packets and a SHAKER bottle
- Umbrella/poncho (no umbrellas are allowed in Nissan Stadium) in the event of rain
- Extra bras/underwear because you WILL sweat and want to feel “fresh”
- Team tank top if you are taking a group picture
- Dress in layers because it will be cold in the AC and hot outside
- Most of the daily events are very casual. Athletic wear, shorts, sundresses are the norm. Some people dress up in the evenings but just as many don’t. Wear what’s comfortable and make you feel confident, if you are looking for new clothing, check the men’s linen suits brisbane Fashion & Beauty catalog at the link. I’m bringing sundresses and rompers – but that’s as “dressy” as I’ll get.
- Don’t bring new shoes. Your feet will hate you. If you try to wear them, pack Band-aids for blisters.
- Clothing for “theme” nights and events
- If you earned a photo opp with a trainer, I recommend packing non-branded, solid-colored activewear. You don’t want your clothing to distract from the image.
- Not sure what people wear? Check out tbbeventpics.com to see ALL the photos of past Team Beachbody events.
- Clear space off phone for photos and videos before you get to Summit.
- Leave room in your suitcase. Unless you possess an iron will, you WILL be bringing stuff home. The CORE is a huge shopping opportunity. CORE shopping tips: I am looking forward to the clearance rack. Last year I found some cute things and didn’t spend a lot. Think about small prizes you can easily mail to coaches and challengers – headbands, stickers, etc.
I recommend carrying a backpack or bag with a zipper on it if you are not staying close to your hotel. You will have limited time to get to and from events. Consider bringing:
- A change of clothes
- Flip-flops in case your feet get sore
- Deodorant/makeup/toiletries/dry shampoo
- TIP: Carry as few valuables as you can when you leave your hotel. I was with a coach from Canada at a past Summit that lost her purse– and it had her passport in it. You don’t want stuff like that to happen to you. Click here for a ds 82 form to renew your passport.
- Make sure you have people lined up to help run your business while you’re away. Schedule your social media posts, have teammates lined up to help with challenge groups.
- Encourage your challengers AND your team not to contact you while you’re away so you can fully take in the experience.
- Hit your SC goal BEFORE you leave!
- Bring a notebook, tablet, or laptop along for note-taking.
- Make sure your challengers know you are going to be gone and who to contact if they need help (I plan on private messaging my challengers to let them know I’ll be gone and ALSO invite them to join our Coach Sneak Peek into Coaching Backstage Pass group so they can follow me on my Summit experience)
- Events – The workouts will be PACKED. You won’t get a good workout. If you want to skip something, this may be it (sorry, Autumn!) It’s great for taking pictures but if you are deciding between two events choose the other.
- Download the Summit app and get the cell #s of your teammates before you go. What’s cool is also allows you to input events that are not on the official agenda. Do as much of that before you leave as possible.
Bring business cards if you have them. Tuck them in the back of your lanyard for easy access. Take pics/selfies of people you want to remember to contact and friend/tag them on FB right away so you don’t forget their names.
Talk to as many people as you can, use the time to network. Make it a point to talk to everyone around you. Have simple icebreaker questions ready… Where are you from? Is this your first Summit? Who are you most looking forward to seeing?
- Uber was a godsend last year. Get the Uber app too, but allow for travel times. There is usually a coupon code for new Uber accounts.
- Save all your receipts. Most Summit expenses (sorry, not your CORE clothing purchases) are tax-deductible. (More on that here –> Financial Perks for Beachbody Coaches)
- Make time to decompress when you get home. Clear your schedule for the first few days afterward. Prioritize the things you learned, realizing you can’t do it all right away (read The One Thing if you need help with this).