How to Avoid Overindulging on Thanksgiving
What will your Thanksgiving meal plan be? Feel free to schedule your cheat meal for tomorrow, but you don’t have to go overboard to the extent that you feel stuffed and miserable! Make it a controlled cheat. Some strategies to have a happy yet satisfying Thanksgiving meal:
- Fill up on water before the meal to curb cravings
- Have plenty of healthy sides to choose from at the dinner table (or bring a dish if you’re not cooking). Here are some Clean Eating Holiday Recipes for you to consider
- Eat lightly before and after the main meal – There’s no need for three meals on Thanksgiving
- If you’re having wine, try adding a little club soda to enjoy it as a spritzer.
- Get your workout in BEFORE the big meal! You’ll not only feel better, it will motivate you to stay on track. Work out after the meal too if you feel as if you’ve eaten too much.