21 Day Fix-Friendly Macaroni and Cheese
If you’re on the 21 Day Fix and craving comfort food, you don’t have to deprive yourself. This macaroni and cheese recipe is made with 21-Dayf Fix friendly ingredients. Plus, it tastes great! If your family likes a richer version, have them sprinkle a little more cheese on top.
I won’t lie to you. It’s not quite the same as the rich, ooey-goody sinful version of the World’s Best Mac and Cheese I normally make. BUT – for about half the calories and zero guilt, this is a great compromise.
- 4 C. cooked whole wheat macaroni noodles (about half of a 13.5-oz. box)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil spread
- 1 Tbsp. brown rice flour
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1 tsp. mustard, ground
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle chili pepper, ground
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 C. skim milk
- 2 C. Mexican cheese blend (Cheddar, Monterey Jack), divided
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Prepare macaroni noodles according to package instructions.
- In a large saucepan, melt olive oil spread. Saute onion until translucent.
- Add brown rice flour and whisk until lightly browned.
- Add milk. Bring just to the verge of boiling and remove from heat.
- Add 1 1/2 C. cheese. Stir until blended, add noodles.
- Place in casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Set oven to broil and put casserole dish in oven til cheese is browned.
View More 21 Day Fix Menu Plans