This clean eating version of Chicken Enchiladas is 21 Day Fix friendly and definitely one of those I-can’t-believe-it’s-healthy types of recipes. Besides the cheese, it’s also nearly fat-free. The green chiles and cumin add flavor to the filling.
Modifications: For the 21 Day Fix challengers, go lighter on the cheese if you’re in a lower calorie bracket. Or, add more cheese to half of the pan if you’ve got picky family members and clean eating kids like I do.
21 Day Fix Container Count (1 enchilada) = One red, one yellow, one blue
View more of our 21 Day Fix recipes
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach (about 1/2 bag)
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 C. shredded chicken
- ¼ cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chile peppers (undrained)
- 1 1/2 C. Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- ½ cup skim milk
- 6 7-inch whole wheat flour tortillas
- Tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Chopped tomatoes for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil with garlic over medium heat. Wilt torn spinach leaves (about 3-4 minutes).
- Remove from heat, stir in chicken, scallions and chiles.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce of yogurt, flour, cumin, lime juice, salt and milk.
- Pour half of the sauce into the filling mix.
- Fill six whole wheat tortillas with filling mix and roll, placing seam side down in a baking pan.
- Top with remaining sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and browned.
- Top with tomatoes.